Saturday, September 17, 2011

The beginning

Welcome to my first post. The inspiration for this blog came from an exercise a friend told me she learned on a church retreat. She was asked to take a walk outside and find three treasures that reminded her of God. The items could be anything--big or small--that evoked joy, led to a memory, or triggered her faith.

I think we lose sight of the beauty in simplicity and the majesty of the everyday things. Like a sort of gratitude journal, I hope to jot down treasures of the day on this blog. My wish is that this becomes a sort of trove for me--to remind me of the many blessings that inhabit my days.

I hope you find this blog to be a respite from stressful days and a place to find some light to shed on your own set of treasures.

“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and decay destroy, and thieves break in and steal. But store up treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor decay destroys, nor thieves break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there also will your heart be." -Matt 6:19-21

No comments:

Post a Comment