Sunday, January 1, 2012

New beginnings

I love new beginnings and I love plans, goals, lists, reflections, hopes. So New Year's is quite a party for me.

I've learned more in 2011 than probably any other year in my life.

I learned that God is faithful and rewards those who wait. Employment
I learned that God loves to lavish us with gifts. Friendship. The opportunity to travel. Grace.
I learned that God never fails. Daily strength.
I learned that He alone is enough. Finding joy and companionship amid being alone. I've had plenty of time to get to know myself better and learn to appreciate the quiet time.
I learned that God surprises us! That he doesn’t always give us what we expect. Like moving in with my parents after graduation and waiting 8 months for a job.
I learned that God is never done forming us, teaching us.
I learned that I am stronger than I thought. 
This year I have truly understood the meaning behind being redeemed, made new and washed clean by my Savior.
I learned the definition of being the bride of the Beloved Christ and sacrificing for Him. 
This year, my love has become greater.

I learned that we all have a story and I have never felt more sure that I am in the right place—ready to do what I think I’m meant to do. Tell people’s stories. Right now, in today’s opportunity, I get to tell the stories of those who are closer to the grave. I get to record the wisdom and life experiences of the elderly. Stories that are worthy of being passed down. And it is my responsibility as a journalist to do that. Both the every day and the otherworldly. I’m so thankful for the people in my life who have supported me and loved me and I’m thankful for those who didn’t. Because every bit of discouragement just strengthens my conviction to rely on my Creator and lean on His plans for me instead of listening to mere mortals.
And this next year is going to be hard, without a doubt. But by grace alone, I’ll make it through. It’s an adventure. And I couldn't be more excited.

"Each day comes to me with both hands full off possibilities." -Hellen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment